Central Kentucky Roof Maintenance Services
You mow the grass. You paint the house. You place caulk and wood sealant around the door and window frames to keep the drafts out. You do all the normal home maintenance to keep your house looking good and structurally sound for years to come.
Unfortunately, the one thing that most homeowners forget about is the roof. The roof is the most important structure of your house besides the foundation and the walls. It takes the brunt force of all the Lexington, Kentucky, weather every year. Without the proper maintenance, you could spend thousand of dollars in completely replacing your ruined roof.
Preventative roof maintenance helps to detect the potential problems in your roof so that the proper repairs can be made before the problems get any worse. This preventive maintenance should be performed at least twice a year with a thorough inspection done along those areas that wear down quickly.
Whether you have a gabled, flat, or hipped roof with slate, wood, shingles or other outer covering, your roof should be inspected by professionals who know what issues to look for that may be overlooked. A professional roofing company will clean all types of debris that could cause holes or rot. They will trim all overhanging tree branches to prevent dead limbs from ruining the roof. A roofing company will also perform the following maintenance:
- Inspect flashing for holes and replace it if deteriorated
- Remove all damaged caulking and sealant and reseal the areas
- Clean gutters and inspect downspouts to ensure proper drainage
- Clear off all algae and fungus that forms on shingles and wood roofs
- Inspect chimneys for cracked mortar along bricks
- Fix loose shingles and repair rotted roof boards